Activities of the Institute of Public Health of Ljubljana
With modern times the Institute updated its definitions and tasks:
- Examining and monitoring the health situation and other conditions influencing the health of the population
- Monitoring the implementing measures for detecting and eliminating harmful ecological and other factors
- Implementing measures for the strengthening, maintaining and recovery of health
- Preparing expert bases for the development and organisation of healthcare activities and for efficient healthcare economics as well as managing the implementation of healthcare.
- Expert educational, scientific research and expert journalistic work in the field
- Planning, proposing and harmonising measures and procedures for the improvement of healthcare education and culture of the population
- Taking part in forming and implementing the healthcare-ecological information system.